Monday, January 6, 2020

"Ponder"

"I remembered the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands." (Psalms 143:5)

  I made a mistake, because I said that there were three points, when there are actually four; it is just that the fourth is about what this is all about, just a little more specific. Anywho; we might not get the just of what is taking place, but it involves a technique where you take your focus off of your problem and instead you focus upon the solution; the solution being God and His wonderful works! There are some things that just are too big for us to handle; but there is nothing too big for God, because with God, all things are possible. I can think of two instances in the New Testament where that is said, almost word for word: the first is in Mark 10:27, after the disciples were astonished by what Jesus said about it being easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, that for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God, Jesus said, "With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." And the second of which is recorded in Luke 1:37, after Mary asked Gabriel, "How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?" And then Gabriel said what shall be, and added, "For with God nothing shall be impossible." There might be others, some of which say similar statements; but the point is that God can do anything, and that there is nothing too difficult for God! I don't need to remind you about who it is that I believe Mark was; but if you don't know who, I don't want to try and convince you, but gently persuade you that he was that rich young ruler. There are a couple simple things that have me convinced: the wealth of his mother, his description of the encounter, the way Jesus looked at him, the saying above from the mouth of Jesus, and the naked young man in the garden the night Jesus was arrested. But, that is just my opinion, as well as several others, including the late Dr. Chuck Missler. Actually, the thing that makes me more amazed than anything is the fact that there are so many connections throughout the Bible that are interwoven and so complex. The study I did in the book of Ruth just blew my mind, as I realized the connection between Ruth to all of those other women: the firstborn daughter of Lot who had a son by her father, she named Moab; Tamar who had a child from her father-in-law, Judah; Rahab, the former prostitute from Jericho, who was the mother of Boaz, who married Ruth; and Bathsheba, who ended up married to her great-grandson, David. When you think about the complexity of that bloodline and what it involved and included, you have got to admit that God always knows what He is doing, and He does it well...

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment