Friday, January 31, 2020

"Peace Through Strength"

"That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets." (Psalms 144:14)

  Just so you know, there was another verse I was going to share, following the overflowing blessing, which is where God says that He "will rebuke the devourer for our sakes." It is said, 'whatever you don't give that belongs to the Lord, will end up being devoured by the devil.' Something to think about as you debate between your heart and mind about giving your tithes; because it is most likely going to be taken anyway, so why not put it to good use? Anywho; this verse has me being pulled in several directions; which is kind of crazy, because it pretty much speaks to the opposite reaction. As I was pondering the title, which is what I set out to do, before I even type out the verse, I couldn't help thinking about something Jesus said about plowing a field, saying, "No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62) That is pretty much the picture I see here in a nutshell: if you can picture what it might look like to plow straight lines, verses what it looks like to plow lines that are just all over the place. And about that title; it speaks to the fact that we must, with all of heart, look for Jesus to be our strength, and forgetting about whatever it was we counted on before for strength! Otherwise, that is what you are going to get, a bunch of crooked and squiggly lines; which pretty much means that your testimony is all over the place: saying one thing and then reacting in a totally different direction. I'm just saying; if your really what to know what real peace feels like, then you have got to have your eyes fixed upon something that doesn't move, like we are so prone to do: and that Something is Jesus Christ! As to the second part of this verse, we have really got to stop complaining about each other, because each and every one of us has flaws. You might have heard this said, "If you are looking for the perfect church and you find it, don't join it - or else you will ruin it!" Which goes right back to the title, because if you are putting any faith in man, including church leaders, you are going to get let down and upset. There is absolutely nothing that should surprise you about the actions of the heart, because the Bible clearly says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9) If you could ever want to find a contradiction in the Bible, that might be one for you to use; if you were looking for a single verse as the example. However, the verse is not complete because it ends as a question. Plan and simple: Nothing is higher that God's love, especially not the heart of man; and I think I know Someone that knows the human heart! Talk about peace through strength...

"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment