Sunday, January 19, 2020

"Known and Loved by Him"

"LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!" (Psalms 144:3)

   This verse was in my heart yesterday morning, as I was punching out words during a portion of my post; it was between the thoughts about learning to trust and being subdued; something else that the word subdued means, is to overlay, as in, to be overlay with gold! Maybe the hardest thing for us to have faith in, is in that fact that God truly loves us, personally and individually. We generally get the idea about His love for mankind, that He sent His Son to save man, each and everyone that wants to be saved; but to place your name in the forefront of His mind, we sometimes just can't buy it or accept that it is true. After all, what am I to such a big God? Why would He waste any time concerning Himself with my life? David knew who he was and why he was chosen; it was to be the king of Israel, God's people. Plain and simple, it is for the people that he was where he was; and in that regard, the subdued is more about overlay than it is about any kind of a beat down. The first king, Saul, might have physically met the qualifications of a leader, but when it came to honoring God over himself, his example was far from what the people actually needed. Not to change the subject, but the one thing that I think President Trump best expresses, is his love for all that is good and right, especially when it comes to law and order, fairness and what is best for the common man. You might not agree with everything he says or does, but you cannot accuse him of lying or saying something that he does not mean. And, if the church ever needed someone to do what is best for them, then he is there to get it done. If you don't believe that, you need to pay closer attention to what he does and less to what he says. Anywho, that is my rant on that; but the strange thing about what was just said, is the things God does in my life, they are real and I know it! I have more and more reasons to believe that He not only knows me personally, but that He makes account of my life! I cannot begin to tell you of the amount of times that He has spoken into my heart, and almost immediately, someone will say almost exactly what God has said to me, in one way or another. Think of that what you want, but I will tell you this: God does make account of me! If you don't quite know what that might mean, it means that He plans things out for me, way in advance, and always to make me feel better. You want to know why I know that it is always to make me feel better, even if it convicts me? Because I know He is thinking of me and that He loves me! You have got to realize that, and how that exact feeling fell upon David's heart when Nathan said, "Thou art the man," he thought, O, my God knows...

"So what makes us think we can escape if we ignore this great salvation that was first announced by the Lord Jesus himself and then delivered to us by those who heard him speak? And God confirmed the message by giving signs and wonders and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit whenever he chose. And furthermore, it is not angels who will control the future world we are talking about. For in one place the Scriptures say, "What are mere mortals that you should think about them, or a son of man that you should care for him? Yet you made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. You gave them authority over all things." Now when it says "all things," it means nothing is left out. But we have not yet seen all things put under their authority."
(Hebrews 2:3-9) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment