Monday, January 13, 2020

"A Level Place"

"Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy Spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness." (Psalms 143:10)

  I wish I could say that this is a reality in my own life, but I would be lying if I did. There are days that come extremely close, with very few exception; but truth be told, almost every day comes with some sort of challenge, even if I were to be sick and stay in bed. Basically the point is for God lead us by His Spirit; so much so, that we not only love it, but that it is a place where we walk upright and level; any sort of difference is not only easy to detect, but it uncomfortable and throws us off. I think you know what I mean, so I don't think I need to explain it any further. But, this is God's will for us, to do all that we can to learn what it takes to live in, "the land of uprightness." There is really such a place, spiritually speaking, where you are walking in the Spirit, totally and completely dependent upon God's leading, and you are unremoved! That is a word I just made up; but it is a real thing, none the less. Paul demonstrated it on several occasions; him being bitten by that poisonous snake on Malta is one such example. For me, I can think of the time when my wife was in a code-blue at the hospital and I was ministering to the Chaplin. The Chaplin came in to minister to me, but when I requested that we pray, his pray seemed as though he didn't know who it was he was talking to. I was pricked in the heart to share with him about a message I recently gave, where I spoke about the hands of Jesus on the cross. His pray reminded me of the song, "Put your hands in the hand," so it only seemed fitting. For the next month or so, I lived in that level place; even though my life was turned upside-down, everything I did, or wanted to do, was by walking in the Spirit. How else can I say it; other than relating it to when I took my niece and my wife on a 7,000 mile RV trip. Every point of that trip seemed to be rushing and trying to make the next stop; except the point when the RV had mechanical problems and we were stranded in Tallahassee, Florida. For the whole next few days, it seemed as though I was finally able to rest and enjoy the trip. We were fortunate to be able to attend a Spanish Full Gospel Church, the one I shared about in the post from the summer of 2010. Anywho; this is the main thing we need to know about this level place, in that it is where God is in control and we are not...

""These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said to you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."" (John 14:26-27)

No comments:

Post a Comment