Saturday, January 18, 2020

"My All in All"

"My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me." (Psalms 144:2)

  Yes, this could have been all included in verse one and in one big post; but the way I see it, in order to get all of this stuff right, we must first understand the basics; it's not us that needs to do the work, we are only the vessel by which God gets things done. A simple little thing like being humble, might not be all that easy to make happen; so why not try and just let it happen? We have five things listed here that are listed as aspects of security: fortress, high tower, deliverer, shield, and whom I trust; the first thing, goodness, is very much in order with the strength mentioned in the last verse; because if there is going to be any goodness within us, it is going to come from God. Jesus verified this when someone came to Him with a question, saying, "Good Master," and Jesus replied, "Why do you call me good? For there is none good but one, that is God." (Mark 10:18) It just so happened that the question was asked by you know who, The Rich Young Ruler. On the other hand, it is by God's goodness towards us that all these other securities are depended upon and why we can seriously put all of our trust in Him. In a must peculiar way, the basics are to learn how to follow orders, which are essential to actually having trust; you cannot even begin to know what trust is, without first following the orders you are given to carry out. Abraham did not know how to trust God until he actually packed up and did what God told him to do: "Get thee out of thy country, and from the land of thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee." (Genesis 12:1) God's presence always comes before place or position! (Just a little something I have written in the space below that verse.) Now, to be perfectly clear, I can hardly make out what is being said at the end of this verse, because that word, "subdueth," is a word that primarily means to beat down; which has a root word, that means, to tread in pieces. However, if we are looking at this from the eyes of a king, the subduer is best to be God and not the king! If there is one thing I have learned from administrative working in the church, the Senior Pastor needs to be kind and gentle, while letting his elders and lower pastors administer the discipline and settle arguments within the body. But that is just my observation...

"The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me. He delivereth me from my enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man. Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name. Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore." (Psalms 18:46-50)

No comments:

Post a Comment