Tuesday, January 14, 2020

"To Go Forth"

"Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name's sake: for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble." (Psalms 143:11)

  There are just some things you don't know how to pray for; they have outcomes involved which could go either way, no matter which way you see the matter turning out. This is why it is best just to give any matter to God, let Him deal with it and let it be done! Continuing on with what was put on my heart yesterday: we have been given life; a life that is bigger and better than anything we could have ever been given on our own. This life that we have in Christ, it is made for so much more than we could ever imagine, because it not only has purpose, but His purpose; and all that we need to do, is to just show up! I know, here I go again, headed into another discussion about Living Water. Yes, and why not? The dead sea will not be dead forever! And do you know why it is dead? It is dead because it has no outlet; the water that goes into it, just sits there and goes nowhere. I don't even know how that is possible, but that's what they say happens. Oddly enough, trouble is something of a vexer; to put it mildly, a rival wife; something a little similar to Paul's suggestion about remaining unmarried, if you have the power to do so. Don't get me wrong, marriage is good, and I love being married to my wife. But my situation is a little different than most, because my wife is pretty easy to please; she just wants to be changed and feed; and she loves to have her hair washed! But as for where we live or how, she really no longer has any concern over that. However, I am still restricted and obligated to care for her; so, regardless, she is still my responsibility to have and to hold, till death do us part. Whatever state David was in when he wrote this, he felt restricted and unable to live the way that he wanted to; or more to the point, the way that God wanted him to. This is really not all that hard of a place to be. We have all no doubt had those moments where we have felt God tugging on our hearts to do this or that, but then we start thinking about doing it, and more we think about it, the harder it appears that it will happen. Yes, you see it too: the vexer comes in many shapes and in many forms...

"For all these things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." (Isaiah 66:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment