Friday, January 3, 2020

"Complex Reality"

"And enter not into judgments with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified." (Psalms 143:2)

  Before we go trying to make something out of nothing, my first reminder to anyone that might be in the least bit concerned about what David is saying, remember that he is a believer too; he looked forward to the cross of Christ and the redemption of his soul. I have heard several different pastors use the example of a credit card verses a debit card; whereas, those that lived before the cross used salvation like a credit card, which Christ paid in full on the cross; while we that live after the cross have all been given salvation like a debit card, that seems to never run out of funds. In that regard, something is actually made into nothing; which basically means, that the something we should be judged over, has been taken care of by the blood of Christ; so when God looks upon us, He sees us through the blood of His Son. I know it might seem complex, the fact that we are living makes it that way; which is precisely why Paul reminds us that we have been crucified with Christ; it s no longer we that must strain to accomplish that which the Law says we should be and do, but Christ Jesus that lives through us to easily fulfill what He has already accomplished on that cross. Basically the only concern that we must be straining with, is not even anything that is a strain at all: we just need to abide in Christ; or, if you will, stand, doing all that we can to stand! Surprisingly, it actually will look differently in the end, because we will realize then that all the efforts we used to keep on standing were to keep us leaning on Him, because all the time we were abiding; and the love of Christ is abundantly far and wide, and deep and high; therefore there is nowhere we can go outside of Christ! Besides, this is all about a prayer; and as far as David is concerned, God is listening and he can say nothing that God does not already know. It is you and I that need to learn what God has to say to us: because He has the words of eternal life...

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2:16-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment