Wednesday, August 31, 2016

"Insistence" -Too

"Why hast thou then broken down her hedges, so that all they which pass by the way do pluck her?" (Psalms 80:12) Here is the thing that gets me, that pulls my heart apart, like something broken by my own stupidity and carelessness: I need to insist on being holy, because it is no longer a choice, it's who I have become! That is why God would tear down something that He has planted, because God is insistent upon His vine being holy, because it is! Jesus said, "I am the Vine, you are the branches." (John 15:5a) Jesus went on to say that we need to abide in Him, and in doing so, we would bring forth much fruit. But, if we do not abide in Him, then we are cast forth as a branch that is withered, which men gather and then cast into the fire to be burnt. Do I want to be burnt? I don't know, it seems that sometimes I really don't care whether or not I get burnt up or not; at least when I sin I don't. That's what I mean about being insistent upon being holy, because God would never ask us do something that He has not provided a way for us to do. But, if we refuse to even try, then God has a way of making us turn or burn, if you will. I don't believe that we loose our salvation, but we are surely not going to like how this life turns out. A little earlier in 1 John's letter, he speaks about not having shame at the Lord's return (1 John 2:28). Now, I heard a pastor speaking on this subject the other day, and the way he put it, those that aren't found doing right at His coming wont be left, they will be taken up with those that are found doing right, but they will feel shameful in the air. At first I didn't know what to think of that statement, because I was always under the impression that the five foolish virgins did not get in; then again, there is a inner and outer court in heaven too; at least that is what I have come to understand. Either way, if we have been bought by the blood of Christ, then He has every right to do with us what He will, because I have no rights at all. I hope we can all get the point of what that means, because we must abide in Him; we absolutely must...
"All wicked actions are sin, but not every sin leads to death. We know God's children do not make a practice of sinning, for God's Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot touch them. We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life. Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts." (1 John 5:17-21) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment