Friday, August 12, 2016

"Out of Options"

"Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name; and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake." (Psalms 79:9) You know, having nothing left to loose is not actually a bad place to find yourself, not when you have a God that has already won! Really! None of this is for our glory; we might think it is sometime, but it's totally all about God's glory. And in case you need to be reminded, Jesus is God, and He is not only our Salvation and our Redeemer, but He is the one that will receive all the glory in Heaven. If you don't think that is correct, then read your Bible; read the Book of Revelation, which actually reveals stuff. Some people don't like reading that book of the Bible because they think it's hard to understand; but in reality, it's one of the easiest books of the Bible to figure out. Having said that, there is nothing God holds higher than His Word; His Word is far and above all else. (Psalms 138:2) In case you did not know this, "The Laver" in the Temple was the only instrument or furnishing which did not have measurement or did not get covered. Basically, it was a water basin that was used for washing, and in case you also did not know, water represents the Word of God more times than anything else in the Bible. Don't underestimate the reason for this to mean what it means, because God's word is more than just printed pages in a book, His word is alive; living, breathing, and full of life! Do not neglect reading God's word! It might be hard to get that planted firmly in our hearts, but His word breaths life into our souls! Do you feel like you might have had the life sucked out of you? Well, maybe it's because your not breathing in Life! Anywho, we always have an option; even when we think there is no other place to turn; even if we see that all roads turn towards destruction; even if giving up means total humiliation; it is safe to say, God is the one who will get the glory, so be on the side of God...
""But now, listen to me, Jacob my servant, Israel my chosen one. The LORD who made you and helps you says: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, O Israel, my chosen one. For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessings on your children. They will thrive like watered grass, like willows on a riverbank. Some will proudly claim, 'I belong to the LORD.' Others will say, 'I am a descendant of Jacob.' Some will write the LORD'S name on their hands and will take the name of Israel as their own." This is what the LORD says -Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD of Heaven's Armies: "I am the First and the Last; there is no other God. Who is like me? Let him step forward and prove to you his power. Let him do as I have done since ancient times when I established a people and explained its future. Do not tremble; do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim my purpose for you long ago? You are my witnesses -is there any other God? No! There is no other Rock -not one!"" (Isaiah 44:1-8) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment