Wednesday, August 17, 2016

"Lead to Feed"

"So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever; we will show forth thy praise to all generations." (Psalms 79:13) If you have been following this blog for any amount of time, then you may have figured out by now that I tend to get carried away some times; where to, I sometimes don't really know. But this morning, I feel God tugging on my heart over this one issue, the issue of doubt. Doubt is not always a bad thing, especially when it comes to our spiritual walk. Oh, I'm not talking about doubting God, not in the least. I'm talking about doubting ourselves, as in, having doubt about having strength enough to do anything. The best sermons I ever preached were the ones where I did not have a clue what God was showing me; I just got up and started to teach, and then God showed up and spoke through me. Those sermons that I taught where I had confidence in what I was teaching or preaching, seemed to fall flat and left off with more questions than answers. In other words, when we doubt our ability to perform in the spiritual realm, we tend to count more on God to perform something, not ourselves. After all, who wants to hear my opinion on anything, not me; I want to hear what God has to say on the matter! As to the point of this lesson, our need for being cared for by God is extraordinary, to say the least. That is part of the issue spouted by those in the world, that following Jesus Christ is a crutch, and Christians are all needy individuals that need to reach out to God in order to live in this world. Guilty as charged! I will gladly accept that insult as something I am proud of; because when you get right down to it, no one has any control of anything that happens to them on this planet. And as soon as we start thinking that we do, we take God out of the picture, because God is in control; He's the one calling the shots; He is the one who holds all matter together, and keeps the earth in orbit around the sun; none of us can do that...
""Present the case for your idols," says the LORD. "Let them show what they can do," says the King of Israel. "Let them try to tell us what happened long ago so that we may consider the evidence. Or let them tell us what the future holds, so we can know what's going to happen. Yes, tell us what will occur in the days ahead. Then we will know you are gods. In fact, do anything -good or bad! Do something that will amaze and frighten us. But no! You are less than nothing and can do nothing at all. Those who choose you pollute themselves."" (Isaiah 41:21-24) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment