Monday, August 8, 2016

"What Seek Ye?" -Too

"Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name." (Psalms 79:6) So, if you are wondering what yesterday had anything to do with this verse, it has plenty. The shinning city upon the hill is meant to be a light for those that don't know God, to point the way, the true way, to those nations that call upon other gods. That was the whole point of the question Jesus asked John and Andrew, "What seek ye?" In other words, He was asking them 'What do you want?', as if to get to the point of why they were following Him. It really is more about faith than any thing else. If you really think about it, any curse or action that I wish upon someone else, is really just a curse or action I place upon myself. Who am I to judge someone else? Who am I to call upon God to poor out His wrath upon a potential brother or sister? I am nothing and no good to God with that kind of heart. We are called to preach the Gospel message; regardless of what you might think you're calling is, first and foremost, you are to preach the Gospel. I know, you are saying, 'I can't preach; I can't get in front of people and do that; that's not my calling.' But you're wrong! Your life is the message; whether or not you ever even share your testimony, your testimony is your life. When you look at the Book of Ruth, that's the point you should take from that book, one of being an influence upon another life or lives. There were three specific areas shared the other morning where we need to seek change in our hearts, power, position, and pride. All three of these areas were problems that the disciples all needed to come to terms with, and they eventually did. We cannot be any good for God if we do not know that we are not any good for God! That is Paul's point when he says in 1 Timothy 1:15, "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief." What seek ye? If you are seeking after power, position, or some way to satisfy your pride, then it's not Jesus whom you seek. Jesus came for the weak and the humble; those that know that need salvation because their lives are missing something that only He can give them, life...
"But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, "How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!" But not everyone welcomes the Good News, for Isaiah the prophet said, "LORD, who has believed our message?" So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ. But I ask, have the people of Israel actually heard the message? Yes, they have: "The message has gone throughout the earth, and the words to all the world." But I ask, did the people of Israel really understand? Yes, they did, for even in the time of Moses, God said, "I will rouse your jealousy through who are not even a nation. I will provoke your anger through the foolish Gentiles." And later Isaiah spoke boldly for God saying, "I was found by people who were not looking for me. I showed myself to those who were not asking for me." But regarding Israel, God said, "All day long I opened my arms to them, but they were disobedient and rebellious."" (Romans 10:14-21) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment