Saturday, August 6, 2016

"He is Jealous for Me"

"How long, LORD? Wilt thou be angry for ever? Shall thy jealousy burn like fire? (Psalms 79:5) One thing for sure, you really have got to respect the process. Jesus had no respect for those that were self-righteous, for those that thought they were better than anyone else, for the religious ones who worked to secure a place in the system. Isn't it obvious that we cannot ever win God's favor by works? We can not! There is only one way to the Father, and that is through the Son, Jesus Christ. He paid the price for our acceptance, and there is absolutely nothing left to be paid, not one single penny! I like the way Paul puts it in Galatians 3:1, as he asked, "O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?" As I thought about this again, I realized how easy it is to fall into the lie; and when I say the lie, I am speaking of anything that goes against the Truth, the Truth being the Risen Christ! To understand what took place when Jesus died upon that cross, we need to accept what He did as the payment to deliver us from the penalty of sin; in other words, there is no more payment to be made. That is glorious Good News! But it just so happens, it gets better! Because He rose from the grave, He has secured for us eternal life; not only are we forgive for all of our sins, but we are also delivered from death! That is spectacular! Talk about being made fireproof, that's the ultimate way to cheat death; and again, it's not something we accomplished, but rather, it was all God's doing. Maybe we just don't see the New Life we have in Christ well enough; maybe that's the reason we are so easily persuaded to follow the lie; you tell me. All that I know, is that I once was dead, but now I'm alive; I once was blind, but now I see! What is it that we see? I see my need! How about you? We all need to be set free, every single one of us. But for each and everyone, we need to believe...
"Dear brothers and sisters, the longing of my heart and my prayer to God is for the people of Israel to be saved. I know what enthusiasm they have for God, but it is misdirected zeal. For they don't understand God's way of making people right with himself. Refusing to accept God's way, they cling to their own way of getting right with God by keeping the law. For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God." (Romans 10:1-4) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment