Sunday, August 14, 2016

"What a Spectacle" -2

"Wherefore shall the heathen say, Where is their God? Let him be known among the heathen in our sight by the revenging of the blood of thy servants which is shed." (Psalms 79:10) As crazy as this might sound, but there is something seriously wrong with the way this comes across. In all seriousness, God needs to be displayed in our lives, not in revenging those that might harm us. If it is not the case, then our harm is self inflicted; maybe not directly, but we are the ones that have brought it upon ourselves. As I watch what is happening in this world currently, I can only imagine what some unbelievers might think, if they truly even consider God at all; they probably wonder how God could allow things to spin so far out of control. You can't imagine what it will soon be like, once the church is taken up; but if you are unfortunate to be left here to see it, be strong and prepared to die! Now that I have your attention, there was something in that closing verse that really spoke to my heart, the part about, "though he is walking over unfamiliar ground." You can't imagine what that might be like, to know no sin, yet to become sin; it is not something we can ever experience. But, it just so happens, we can experience the opposite; we that know sin, can be made pure and sinless! Talk about a spectacle! How does spotless sound to you? I know we can't see it for ourselves, because it's not quite complete in our own eyes. For the first three years of my new life, I must have given my life to the Lord at least six or seven times; each time I was hoping that, this time it will work! Face it, we are going to remain broken as long as we are here on this earth. But it just so happens that our God is not broken, and what He has done in us, although He is not done with us yet, it's good enough to be counted as done...
"The lands beyond the sea watch in fear. Remote lands tremble and mobilize for war. The idol makers encourage one another, saying to each other, "Be strong!" The carver encourages the goldsmith, and the molder helps at the anvil. "Good," they say. "It's coming along fine." Carefully they join the parts together, then fasten the thing in place so it won't fall over. But as for you, Israel my servant, Jacob my chosen one, descendant from Abraham my friend, I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, 'You are my servant.' For I have chosen you and I will not throw you away. Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." (Isaiah 41:5-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment