Monday, July 6, 2015

"Obstinance"

"By terrible things in righteousness wilt Thou answer us, O God of our salvation; who art the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are afar off upon the seas:" (Psalms 65:5) If you must know, it was the last part of this verse that sparked the title; I just pictured myself out there, and thought, "Why am I here?" I can't say this word is used all that much anymore, seeing how everyone gets to do pretty much whatever they want and with whoever they want; but it still is a word that defines the laws of nature: "the trait of being difficult to handle or overcome." The secondary definition is the one most people would use to for explaining someones character, which is, "resolute adherence to your own ideas or desires." I really can't just make this stuff up; I just call it the way that I see it. There is no getting around the laws of nature, no matter how hard people might try, they cannot cheat death, and they cannot stop the clock; but that does not stop them from trying; and if that doesn't work, then just party hard, and make the best of it! Before you set sail, you should probably consider the "terrible things" part of this verse, because it expresses something "difficult to handle or overcome" in the reality of God answering our sinfulness and rebellious ways, mainly, the death of His Son upon the cross! It might have been free, His gift for you and I, but it was not cheap! His death was horrible; and yet, it was God's answer to solve man's difficult position of being separated from his Creator; God's righteousness being used to overcome our unrighteousness; so party if you want to...
"And the one sitting on the throne said, "Look, I am making everything new!" And then He said to me, "Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true." And He also said, "It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega - the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be My children. But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars - their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Revelation 21:5-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment