Saturday, July 18, 2015

"Expect To Be Amazed"

"They drop upon the pastures of the wilderness: and little hills rejoice on every side." (Psalms 65:12) Not that it comes to a surprise, but I must have heard at least four messages yesterday that contained something from yesterday's post. Pastor Jon's was the one that hit closest to home, as he spoke about love, and how we need to realize how much God loves us. That's what nature proves; from the littlest of God's creations, to the mightiest mountain, God has painted out glimpses of His love in everything that He has created. His most powerful demonstration was the cross, and sending His Son to die for our sins; but in nature, we find constant reminders of the fact that He has a love which not only wants to save us, but His love wants to amaze us, going above and beyond what we could ever expect or consider. If you can't quite get what I might be talking about, then see for yourself; start looking at things around you that have beauty, and then ask, God, what were you thinking when you made this? Now, as to the point of getting right with God, we were made right with God at the time of our rebirth; at the very moment that we asked Jesus into our hearts, eternity in our new life became a reality, and our old fallen nature was no more a factor in our eternal standing with God. There was nothing left for us to do, as far as our eternity was concerned, it was established in Christ forever; that my friend is the distinguished mark of a believer! God chose and called us unto Himself, we excepted His free gift, and now we must choose to walk in the newness that we have been given; or as Pastor Jon was saying, "Stand under the spout where the blessings come out!" If we so choose to do this, God is going to bless our socks off! There is absolutely no end to the blessings we experience when we are walking in the Spirit, absolutely no end! Just in case you might be holding out for that sign, you need to go look in the mirror, because your it... "Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it. It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you - unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place. I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and He was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said. He was seen by Peter and then by the Twelve. After that, He was seen by more than 500 of His followers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died. Then He was seen by James and later by all the apostles. Last of all, as though I had been born at the wrong time, I also saw Him. For I am the least of all the apostles. In fact, I'm not even worthy to be called an apostle after the way I persecuted God's church. But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out His special favor on me - and not without results. For I have worked harder than any other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by His grace. So it makes no difference whether I preach or they preach, for we all preach the same message you have already believed." (1 Corinthians 15:1-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment