Friday, July 10, 2015

"Inconsequential" -2

"Which stilleth the noise of the seas, the noise of their waves, and the tumult of the people." (Psalms 65:7) No, it is not the sin which is inconsequential, as we have already seen; it's the reasons that we sin, or better yet, it's the excuse we have made up in our minds. And yes, I said Paul, because I believe Paul had the say in how Hebrews 12 was written, it was right out of the book of Romans; besides that, haven't we been set free from that sin, so why do we continue to entertain it? It's kind of like these multi-leveled recovery programs that are out there; there is a program for whatever sin that ails you, but drugs and alcohol seem to top the list; they are more about having the excuse to fail, then they are about being set free from sin; like, "Hi, my name is Rich, and I'm a product of society." No, you once were what you were, but now you are a child of God! So basically, what I believe Paul was trying to get across, is that we really need to move on past the whole, "O wretched man that I am!", and start pressing forward into the "good fight"; the good fight means the fight that matters, which is winning souls for Christ, and stop fighting that corpse that is strapped to you, cause it's dead already anyhow. If my God can calm the seas with a word, then He can surely help me to overcome anything that overtakes me; but do I ask Him for help? Maybe after I sin, or whenever I feel convicted for the sin that I like; but hardly ever in the moment of sinning! Paul uses the term, "given your lives in the struggle against sin", as if to say, "You have not yet done all that you can do"; or as Jesus put it... "You have heard the commandment that says, 'You must not commit adultery.' But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart. So if your eye - even your good eye - causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your hand - even your stronger hand - causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." (Matthew 5:27-30) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment