Friday, July 3, 2015

"It Is What It Is"

"Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, Thou shalt purge them away." (Psalms 65:3) There is another lesson we can gather through nature, as in the decay of matter: there is a price to be paid for sin! I can't undo what has been done; but God will use it for something good; but it will still leave a mark, and there will be a price to pay. I know Jesus paid the penalty for my sin, but He did not remove the consequences and repercussions of what I did; nor will I go without paying the price in this life, for what I do in this life. As for my eternal life, that is a whole different matter; my sin has been removed, and my eternity is secure in Christ; but as far as this life, on this fallen world; let's just say, "It is what it is." What I need to be focused on is the life that awaits, and doing the best that I can to finish well in this one; God will take care of all the rest, because I can never undo what has already been done. That said, God can make lemonade from lemons, or have something useful become of something destructive; that's just how He works things together for the good; it might not necessarily seem so good for us, at least not at the moment, but it will work for good to someone. Really, when you think about it in those terms, we are here to be a light for Jesus, so why would we have it any better than He did? Was He rejected by His friends and family? How can we expect to be free from rejection? Was He wrongfully persecuted? How can we expect to escape persecution? Maybe because I live in the 'good old USA' I think that being persecuted involves being laughed at; or God forbid, someone might post something on Facebook, and I am labeled as someone that is a hater; but those things are nothing compared to the real suffering going on in the other parts of this world. Whether you believe it or not, we are all one body, we are are one in Christ; so those that suffer real persecution somewhere, they are of the same original sin that I am, and they are of the same salvation that I am, and they are of the same Body of Christ that I am; so we suffer together, whether we realize it or not... "Then Nathan said to David, "You are that man! The LORD, the God of Israel, says: I anointed you king of Israel and saved you from the power of Saul. I gave you your master's house and wives and the kingdoms of Israel and Judah. And if that had not been enough, I would have given you much, much more. Why, then have you despised the word of the LORD and done this horrible deed? For you have murdered Uriah the Hittite with the sword of the Ammonites and stolen his wife. From this time on, your family will live by the sword because you have despised Me by taking Uriah's wife to be your own. This is what the LORD says: Because of what you have done, I will cause your own household to rebel against you. I will give your wive to another man before your very eyes, and he will go to bed with them in public view. You did it secretly, but I will make this happen to you openly in the sight of all Israel." (2 Samuel 12:7-12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment