Saturday, May 19, 2012

"Seeking Refuge"

There is only really one way that we can find real peace, and it requires a shelter that can not be moved, and that has complete protection. Moving into Psalms Eleven, we can see that there are similarities in the subject of knowing real peace: peace that comes from abiding in a God that loves us! The title of the Psalm is simply called, "Trusting God". I have something interesting written at the end of this Psalm; I can't remember when I wrote it, or where I was when I did; but it must mean something spoke to my heart, because I usually do not just write things down in my Bible for just any reason. The words that I wrote are these: "Trust, divided by Discouragement, plus Testing, take away Wickedness, times Love, equals Communion With God". As you can see, that is quite the equation, and it takes a little thought to figure it out, which might be the reason that Jesus said, "Learn of Me; and you shall find rest for your soul". One thing that I know for sure is that I wrote this equation in my Bible more than ten years ago, because it is written in blue ink, which would have been when I was using a Cross Pen; which I have not used for quite awhile. Another thing to note about this Psalm is the introduction, which simply says, "To the chief Musician, a Psalm of David". This could speak of either the simplicity of trusting God, or the complexity of getting past ourselves in order to place all of our trust in Him. One thing for sure, is that discouragement waits around every corner, and is a constant threat to the peace available in simply trusting in Him for His protection and the refuge that He has made for us to dwell in. This discouragement comes from every angle of our lives, and from various outside sources; yet, there is only one way that we can overcome it, and that is to focus upon Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment