Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"The Governed"

"LORD, Thou hast heard the desire of the humble: Thou wilt prepare their heart, Thou wilt cause Thine ear to hear." (Psalms 10:17) What is the desire of the humble? If we were to think that this Psalm was all about nations being oppressed by other nations, then their desire would be for a deliverer. However, if we could, maybe we could see the desire of the humble to be something more closer to our heart; say something like a longing, delight, or an object of desire. Going back to what Jesus was telling those who followed Him because they were filled, Jesus clearly told them, "Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but the meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for Him hath God the Father sealed". To which they straightway answered, "What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?" So what was the problem? Come on, do we really think that we can do anything outside of Christ? "He that hath an ear to hear, let him hear." How many times did Jesus say this, trying to stress the importance of being able to hear; not saying, Hey, listen up!; but saying, If you have an ear to hear, then listen to what I am saying. Later in John 6:41, it says that the Jews murmured, saying, How can this man be from heaven; is not this the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know. And we can see in John 6:44, Jesus is answering their murmurings, by saying, "No man can come to Me, except the Father which hath sent Me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day". That is what being governed is all about! There is a drawing that takes place in our lives, where we are given the desire by the Father to be filled. It is this desire that we are given which causes us to humble our hearts and to listen. The word "Thine" in Psalms 10:17, as in, "Thou wilt cause Thine ear to hear", is a word that I believe has a plural meaning; which would mean that it speaks not just that God would hear, but that all might hear; or more specifically, all that will listen. These would be those that are willing to receive instruction; having their hearts softened, they desire something which will lift them out of their lowly state. When David is speaking of "Thou wilt prepare their heart", it is the inner man that God prepares, and establishes in him His kingdom; whereas, that heart which has been established into His kingdom, now desires to be governed by a King; and that King is Jesus!!! I can recall the day that I received Jesus Christ into my heart, and how there was a drawing to God that took place; which caused me to run towards where I thought I could hear from Him. After coming to that place, I had a heart that was prepared to listen; desiring to know God, not to know what God might do for me, but to know Him! In the process of my desire to know Him, I was able to see what He had already done for me, and my heart of stone was broken in that instant; rendering me, not just able to hear, but able to receive also that which He was offering me: The Bread of Life..."Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life. I am that Bread of Life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the Bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the Living Bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this Bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is My flesh, which I give for the life of the world." (John 6:47-51) 

No comments:

Post a Comment