Thursday, October 27, 2011

"Teachable"

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3) Something has to be said for trying, even if you don't succeed, at least you can say that you tried; but when we are talking about trying to follow Jesus, it's not the same type of experience as trying to do something new, like surfing or snowboarding. To be converted as the verse above speaks about, is to be changed, just as Jesus changed the water to wine, we must be changed radically; if that did not happen for you, then you may want to ask again! However, to become as a little child and to be teachable, there must be a conversion of our hearts which takes us to a place of turning; turning from the old, and towards the New; and then being instructed in the New, as a child must learn to walk, or in the case of some of us, as a child must be trained to want to use the toilet. After having done that week long posting of tithes, I could not help but wonder what many of you thought of what I said; not that it really matters, because I said long ago, I will say what I feel lead to say, regardless of what you might think. That is the advantage of being where I am: not dependent upon you, and free to say anything that I want; yet our pastors do not have such liberties, because they need people to keep showing up for church. Yet, I wondered, what if anything was spoken into your heart, and if you had learned anything about trusting God with your finances; or if you just wrote off what was said, as the ravings of some unknown? Anyways; last night I was tormented with the thought of our next generation and what they might think of when it comes to trusting God; will they trust Him as they have been instructed by their parents? or will they be converted on their own, and learn to trust and obey? or will they even show up for church? "Show me Thy ways, O Lord; teach me Thy paths. Lead me in Thy truth, and teach me: for Thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day." (Psalms 25:4 & 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment