Friday, October 28, 2011

"Teachable" -2

"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12) Okay, you might have wondered what I meant by torment; but if not, that's okay, because I did. For me, to be tormented by something requires that I search for answers that I can not find; and in the case of what I was searching for yesterday morning, around 1:30am, it was not being answered to my satisfaction. You do know that the Bible uses stories to illustrate things which can take place in our own personal lives, right? Well if you didn't, it does. Many of those Old Testament adventures are, such as the children of Israel had taken; from the time of man's creation, God's word uses the situations that man gets himself into and that God delivers him from, to illustrate the conditions of our wickedness. With this in mind, I was wondering about the forty years that the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness, so that those who doubted God's abilities would perish, leaving the next generation to inherit the promise land. That does not mean that those that entered the promise land were perfect, because they were not; but what they were, was teachable, and able to accept instruction from God. After being lead by God for forty years, and having God provide for their every need, they became dependent upon God for instruction and provision. Now then; let's examine this for just a moment; what did the children of Israel being delivered from Egypt represent? Did it represent the Salvation of God? I believe that it did, and I believe that the crossing of the Red Sea was the baptism that took place, even though they did not get wet, but they were brought through the sea. However their doubting began, it was uncalled for, because with a mighty hand of God they were delivered from bondage. There was no doubting God's ability to do whatever He wanted to do in order to protect and to care for them, yet they continued to doubt His abilities, and His heart for them; saying things like, "Because there were not enough graves in Egypt, have you brought us out here". Yet, I was tormented by this one little thing: the children of those who murmured were watching as their parents murmured against God; and yet, they were the ones to enter into the promise land. Does that mean that there is hope for our youth? or did the parents teach them well enough to matter? I am thinking that the later part on the question is the answer, and that those who did not enter, were however instrumental in the raising up of those that did...

No comments:

Post a Comment