Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Our Daily Bread" -7

So; how do you like me now? There is something that I learned yesterday when talking about my post that morning, people do not like to be told that they must give money to their church! I heard so many different excuses on why they do not give; everything from "I give my time to the church, therefore I should not have to give money too", to "I don't know what they do with my money, therefore I won't give very much of it to them". Maybe we should look at the verse prior to yesterday's, and see what Paul said regarding holding back in our giving: "But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver." (2 Corinthians 9:6 & 7) Believe what you will, but I can only tell you from experience, God loves to bless His children; and His blessings are poured out in more ways than just our daily needs for our households, they are poured out for our spiritual needs also. "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work." (2 Corinthians 9:8) To be more direct about how I feel in this matter, I will not do, because so many people are offended already; but if you do not feel like giving 10% of your money to your church, then you should not give it; but I would ask that you search your heart for the true reason why you refuse to do it, asking God for the answer that you seek. Back to the Lord's Prayer, and the reason that we ask our Father in heaven for "Our Daily Bread", is to be provided for by the Giver of all good things; and in so doing, we must also acknowledge His provisions by giving back to Him. He does not need your offerings, we need to give them out of an obedient heart! And given what I know, having entered our churches receipts into the computer for years, those that give faithfully are those that have the ability to give more in the form of an offering; while those that give little and rarely are the first to complain about not having enough money; do you think that there is a pattern to that? Why would someone not want to give 10% of what they receive, if it meant receiving more??? Did you know, that if everyone in our church were on welfare and gave 10% of their monthly check, then the bills would be paid; the pastor would be paid; the missions would be funded; and most of all, all God's people would be blessed... "As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; He hath given to the poor; His righteousness remaineth for ever. Now He that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;" (2 Corinthians 9:9 & 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment