Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"True Light" -3

"He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked." (1 John 2:6) Let me tell you, I really wish I had given this more thought about eight or nine years ago, because I really feel convicted in several areas of my life. One area in particular is my marriage; which I had considered to be one that was strong and Christ centered. However, looking back to some of the fights I would allow to take place between us, I can see now just how outside of Christ they were. Although I do kind of miss the old confrontations, which resulted in a different kind of heartache; unlike the heartache which I now experience, that has no hope in my resolving the matter. Nonetheless, Jesus Christ was not the center of those old confrontations, and He was not because I had not wanted Him to be the center during those moments. So did Jesus step away from our marriage during those times of darkness? No; He has promised to never leave us or forsake us; therefore, it is not He which was not present, but I who had step out of the light and into the darkness; why? Well, why do we do the things we do? Pride, and our desire to protect it. You see, the sickness of pride is not that it can not be quenched, it is that it does not want to be. And as many of us know from experience, arguments between us usually begin small and then escalate to wild proportions; only to be settled once heartache overcomes the pride; but does it ever really get dealt with? Not unless we specifically deal with our pride, will that issue be taken away; not unless we confess that sin, asking God to deal with that darkness within us, can it truly be vanquished from our hearts. Here is the thing about the True Light that shines within us, it is based upon Truth; which means that it is based upon confession and openness to God, which must include our willingness to allow Him to vanquish all the darkness that might lurk within us; even the things that we think we are allowed to keep...

No comments:

Post a Comment