Monday, May 9, 2011

"Taking Hold of Life" -3

Finally, I must put this out there, and I hope that it does not ruffle to many feathers; but the real point that I have been making in this, is that to be secure in Christ we must have first grabbed hold of that rope. In other words, sometime during our New Life experience, preferably at the time that we accepted Him into our heart, we must have reached out and taken hold of that rope; knowing in our heart what we are being saved from and who it is that is saving us. Does that mean we are not saved unless we have encountered the metaphorical cliff and rope scenario? Saved from what? Do you believe that Jesus died for your sins? And if you do, for what cause was that redemption for? The point that I am trying to make has to do with Jesus being the Way, the Truth, and the Life; which, in order to be counted as have received Him, we must first believe these three things: He is the only way that we are saved; without Him saving us we are destined for hell; and through His salvation we have eternal life. These three things are the key points to what being saved should mean to a Believer in Christ; because without any one of these three things we are not secure in our faith. So then, as I was saying, those that say you can not lose your Salvation, are right, provided that you have 'received' it in the first place. And those that say you must show forth fruit of being saved, or faith without works is dead, are also right, because once you have 'received' eternal life in Christ, nothing else will matter. Most importantly, once we have truly taken hold of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour, He will never let us go; even if we try to run from Him, for whatever stupid reason that might be, we are secure in Him who has paid the price for our stupidity... "Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of My sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand. My Father, which gave them Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are One." (John 10:25-30)

No comments:

Post a Comment