Saturday, May 21, 2011

"Slightly Will Not Work"

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27) Spoken by the True Prince of Peace! Peace which comes from the absence of hurt and a satisfied condition; unharmed by the temporary mortal conflicts of this life. Never mind about the sin which we might feel justified in holding onto, there is another plateau that must be considered, and it has to do with trust. Do I fully trust God in all areas of my life? This my dear brothers and sisters is where real peace is developed! And in case you may not understand what the word developed means, it means to grow; advance; render an image visible; to show step by step; disclose gradually or in detail. We can not fully trust in God if our heart is afraid or troubled, because there will be a hesitation in our spirit; and when I say spirit, I do not mean the Holy Spirit, but our rational spirit; that which we have developed into from years of experience of living. That might sound all mystical and kind of out there, but we tend to rely on our past experiences more than we should. When Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled", He is speaking about doubt, which is brought about by questioning God. Do you question God? I think we all do at one time or another. But when it becomes dangerous for our walk, is when we do not accept His answer, or trust that He knows what is the very best for our eternal soul. Besides, what have we been talking about, or have you forgotten? I have that Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy, down in my heart; down in my heart; down in my heart! Down in my heart TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment