Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"True Confession" -2

I know that there are some questioning my direction in this matter of Jesus and Stephen asking for others to be forgiven, and why this has anything to do with 'True Confession'; am I right? Let me ask you something simple, who's rights are we talking about when we have sinned? Not to be over attached to this example that I have started on, but who's rights have been violated have a lot to do with sin. Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 6:12, "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any". The first thing we must know about the word 'lawful' is that it means that whatever we are doing or partaking in is permitted and right, and when Paul is referring to "all things" he is not speaking about those things which we know to be sin, but those things which are considered to be acceptable and do not trespass against God's Laws. Secondly, the word 'expedient' is referring to things which are profitable or advantageous; in other words, does this bring me closer to God? or does it hinder my relationship with God, or with my brothers and sisters? Paul goes on to use the example of laying with a harlot, not to associate things that are lawful with that example, but to show how ridiculous it is to even consider, knowing that our bodies are members of Christ. So, the point which I am making with the hurt being given over to God, has to do with ownership, and who's we are. For Stephen, he realized who's he was as he gazed up into heaven and saw the glory of God, with Jesus standing at the right hand of the Father. Call it love if you will, but one thing is for sure, Stephen felt no hate towards those that were killing him as he asked God to not lay what they were doing against them. Likewise, Jesus was not hating those that had just pounded nails into His hands and feet, and had just planted the cross on which He was nailed into the ground, as He asked the Father to forgive them, for they know not what they do. Finally, and then I will get off this subject, because it's making my head spin; hate is a sin, and it is one which trespasses God's Laws. If we hate someone, we have in our hearts committed murder, which is one of the Ten Commandments: Thou Shalt Not Kill. Not to associate the act of killing with hurt, but I do find it interesting that there is a common thread which weaves through both, and it is called vengeance. I know what you are thinking: Rich your getting way over the top on this one. Maybe your right, and that is why my head is spinning; but, when you really think about it, the reason that we sin against each other so easily, is because we feel that our rights have been trespassed by someone else, and that we must protect our area. But, to Whom do we belong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment