Sunday, May 15, 2011

"Making It Real"

"This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all." (1 John 1:4) I really don't know why we can't see how important it is to make time for prayer, after all, it is prayer that really changes things; but I think it might have something to do with light verses darkness. I am not really into vampire movies, but there is something there to relate to what I am saying, and it has to do with the light verses the darkness. If you are familiar with the concept, vampires are creatures of the night because they are destroyed by sunlight. They can withstand small amounts of sunlight, which might make them shriek, but will not do any serious harm; however, left in the light for a certain period of time, and they are done. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to insinuate that those who do not take time to pray dwell in darkness; I am trying to show what happens in the Light. You see; for the times which are given to get alone with God and to sit in His presence, these are times when we can bask in His marvelous Light; and the more we are exposed to His Light, the more our darkness is dealt with. Now then; when it comes to fellowship with God, who is Light, making it real requires some time for that Light to deal with the darkness. Am I saying that we have darkness that must be dealt with? That's an interesting concept!!! "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." (1 John 1:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment