Friday, May 20, 2011

"Digging Deep"

"For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely. They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of My people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the Lord." (Jeremiah 6:13-15) Okay, this might hurt a little, but sometimes the hurt which we might harbor in our hearts is towards God. No way! How can we have hurt in our hearts towards God? Unanswered prayers, loved ones taken from us, trials that seem overwhelming, all of these and more could cause us to hurt in our hearts because we did not feel well treated. The problem that can come from that might not seem so critical at first, but given time, it can become detrimental to our relationship with God. Why do you think that is? or could it even really happen? Well (another deep subject), let me tell you what I have discovered by looking deep within myself: by my holding hurt in my heart which I feel is rightly mine to have due to the pain which I have had to endure, I can have the illusion of being owed something for that hurt. Can you see where this might lead us? In order to love God with all of my heart, mind, soul and strength, I must first be able to relinquish all, and I mean ALL the hurt which I might harbor in my heart. Is He God? Doesn't He love me? Isn't everything that He allows me to go through for the GOOD??? Then from where does the hurt come? Maybe the problem could be rooted in thinking we know best what is good and what is bad; you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment