Sunday, January 8, 2023

"Meant To Be"

 "For this cause the people also met him, for that they heard that he had done this miracle." (John 12:18 KJV)

  "Yet I am confident I will see the LORD'S goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD." (Psalm 27:13-14 NLT)

 In this instance, John is letting us know that this was well planned out; everything was meant to be, just as it happened! Jesus delayed His coming, to heal Lazarus of his sickness, that He might bring him back to life, with many witnesses. Then Jesus would depart, only to show up in Jerusalem with a multitude of people who were wanting to see Him for what He had done.

 God always gets the glory! We might think that we have some control in the way our lives were transformed from death to life, but the dead have nothing to with the living and finding life! It was God's timing, God's perfect timing, that saved you and brought you to life. In just the right moment, and at just the right time, God had you exactly where you were meant to be, and you were ready!

 Predestination is only something that is on God's side of the equation; we, on the other hand have no control over anything; to us, it's just by chance or good fortune, that we were right where we were, at just the right time, in just the right state of mind. Well, maybe not so much the mind, but our hearts were open for knowing our Creator! 

 Had I not been in that place, something of a highway of travelers, I would not have been so forced to wait, as if there was somewhere else that I need to be. It was Sunday, a day to rest, and I had set out to rest. But then God spoke, touched my waiting heart, and called me out of the darkness; the darkness being a place where nothing was really there for me. 

 I knew immediately, as soon as I heard that voice, that there was something missing in my life, and that it was there waiting for me. That was God's doing, at just the right time, and with just the right message! I can take no credit for anything, except the breath in me that gave me the strength to go!

 Wow, I can't even take any credit for that...

"For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life." (Job 33:4 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment