Monday, January 30, 2023

"Children of Light"

 "While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them." (John 12:36 KJV)

  "For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes. There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male or female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God's promise to Abrahan belongs to you." (Galatians 3:26-29 NLT)

 You know, this was so easy to accept as a new believer in Christ, almost as if I didn't even need to think about it, it just was what I was, because I had been born into the family of God! And then sin began to take a foothold, causing doubt to my new life, making me feel as though I had let God down, as if His Son's death on the cross had no victory in my life. 

 Well, that is life! Long story short, we must accept the fact that we are weak and can do nothing apart from God, absolutely nothing! Do you know why that is? Simply put, because you are a child of God! You no longer operate and live as you once did, so everything you do, outside of God's direction, becomes a thing that really doesn't count; it is worthless and wasted efforts, that produce no benefit for your Father's business. 

 I hope by now there are some of us that figured out how to ask for forgiveness and accept God's forgiveness, believing that the blood of Christ was shed for all your sins! All means ALL! That is all your sins, the one's from the past, present, and even those you will commit today and tomorrow! Every sin is washed away by the blood of Jesus Christ; that you must believe! 

 Now, about this Light, as John is trying to show what it was that Jesus meant. We really have no problem with believing that we had a mother and father; it is pretty much something we know to be fact, and there is no way anyone can tell us anything that will cause us not to believe that fact. This is the Light we have in us, which cannot be denied or questioned, unless we are not walking in the Light, while the Light is in us! 

 Because I believe in the Light, I will always come after the Light, because I am a child of the Light and can feel the darkness when I have the Light not shinning within and through me. I don't know about you, but there is only so much I can take of this world, before I fall on my knees and beg God for His forgiveness! That is something that never gets used up, unless I give up; and even then, my Father is not going to let me go! 

 Do you believe what I just said? If you are a child of God, God protects and keeps hold of His children! You can count on that, no matter what, He is faithful, even when you fail to be faithful... 

"We know that God's children do not make a practice of sinning, for God's Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot touch them. We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life. Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts." (1 John 5:18-21 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment