Tuesday, January 3, 2023

"Jesus Enters Jerusalem!"

 "On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem," (John 12:12 KJV)

  "God is honored in Judah; his name is great in Israel. Jerusalem is where he lives; Mount Zion is his home. There is has broken the fiery arrows of the enemy; the shields and swords and weapons of war." Interlude (Psalm 76:1-3 NLT)

 As we move forward into this New Year, we must not fear whatever it is that tries to hold us back, as if there is something there that is more powerful than God or the power of His Name! If you have any fear to move, realize that it there, and challenge it, by declaring the mighty power of God. Just a thought, in case you feel as though you are outnumbered and don't have any backing! 

 Here we see that Jesus has not only come out from hiding, as it were, but He is making His presence well known; so much so, that "much people" heard of His coming to Jerusalem. I was reminded this morning of the moment Elijah fled to Mt. Sinai, after having been part of a miraculous work at Mt. Carmel. As he was hiding in a cave, for fear of his life, God asked, "What are you doing here, Elijah?" 

 Something to think about, if you are looking for strength, you surely won't find it while you are hiding out in a cave or under your covers. Which reminds me of an experience I had as a child. Our bedrooms had the locks on the outside, so we could be locked in our rooms while we were being punished. One night my parents had been drinking and were fighting, very badly, throwing things around, yelling and screaming at each other. 

 As I laid in my bed, in the dark, I thought that any moment my stepdad would come through the door and try to harm me as it always seemed that I was the cause for many of their arguments. The blankets over my head did nothing to comfort me and my fear; so, I started thinking about the worst thing that could happen to me, and then I settled upon it, accepting my fate. Surprisingly, I was able to get to sleep, as my fear was gone! 

 Here is where Jesus becomes bold and confident, as He has something to do; not just anything, but that which the Father has sent Him for, to lay down His life! What could be any worse than what He has already committed Himself to do? 

 There is no backing down, when God has your back...

""Go out and stand before me on the mountain," the LORD told him. And as Elijah stood there, the LORD passed by, and a mighty windstorm hit the mountain. It was such a terrible blast that the rocks were torn loose, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire there was the sound of a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. And the voice said, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"" (1 Kings 19:11-13 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment