Saturday, January 21, 2023

"The Voice of The Father!"

 "Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again." (John 12:28 KJV) 

  "And I am certain that God, who began the good work in you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." (Philippians 1:6 NLT)

 There is nothing better in this life than knowing we have a Father in Heaven that loves us and is there watching over us, every single moment of our lives. He knows everything about us, from the way we deal with hurt and discomfort, to the excitement we have in our hearts when we hear His voice, assuring us that He still loves us, regardless of the stupid things we do. 

 Obviously, Jesus didn't do any of those stupid things, because He was perfect in every way; but He still needed that special relationship with His Father! This was not just a distant relationship, like the way we might sometimes experience talking to the Father, Jesus came from the Father, therefore He had the experience of having already been there, in Heaven where He will be again, with the Father.

 Not sure if you see the significance in how that relates; but it is the same way for us, as we might be away from anyone that we might love; there is a very special relationship established, just their voice reconnects the bond and connection that we have with them. That said, we have been given the Holy Spirit, who dwells within us: He too has that same connection with the Father, therefore, we are able to experience the familiarity of the Father's voice. 

 I know the Father's voice, because He is always encouraging and inspirational to me, even when I don't feel as though I deserve to His fellowship, He makes me know that everything will be okay. When I am at my lowest and don't feel as though I can stand it anymore, I can feel as though He is right there with me, placing His hand upon my shoulder to assure me that He is there! 

 That is always just what we all need, to be assured that He is there and has our back! This is so apparent in the Psalms, as that is what I have been reading to my wife, and it becomes even more obvious when you read them out-loud! Some of the Psalms seem so depressing and sound as if they have a terrible message about God forsaking them and letting their enemies destroy them. It is really hard to know if it is complaining or acknowledgment that is coming forth.  

 One thing is for sure, God always get the glory! Even in the storms of our lives, He gets the glory...

"For we are not making up clever stories when we told you about the powerful coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We saw his majestic splendor with our own eyes when he received honor and glory from the Father. The voice from the majestic glory of God said to him, "This in my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy." We ourselves heard that voice from heaven when we were with him on the holy mountain. Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shinning in a dark place - until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines in your hearts. Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet's own understanding, or from human initiative. No, these prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God." (2 Peter 1:16-21 NLT)    

No comments:

Post a Comment