Wednesday, January 11, 2023

"Out of Sorts"

 "And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast:" (John 12:20 KJV)

  "Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. In this new life, it doesn't matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us." (Colossians 3:10-11 NLT)

 You must know, I was going to use another title, but it appears that it has been assigned to some sort of gender identity and so, much like the rainbow, it represents something other than that which it should. Quite frankly, I think that the rainbow was chosen to represent the finger to God, as to say, 'Don't judge us.' 

 Anyway, this very interesting verse shows how those from another culture were there to worship God, not their gods, but the God of the Jews. Unfortunately, they were free to worship at the feast, but they were not admitted eating of the Passover. 

 I had a friend, back in the days of lockdown, as we were speaking about Jesus and about all the things He has done for us, a certain new inmate came and listened to our conversation. As soon as he was able, he broke into our conversation, saying, "When I get out of here, I am going to go to my brother's church! Well, they don't actually call it a church, they call it a hall, the Kingdom Hall."

 Instantly, I was pricked in my heart, and began to share with this younger man about Jesus. Showing all the Scriptures that expressed who He really was and showed that He was our Creator. My friend and I prayed with this younger man, asking that God would show Himself to him, and then we invited him to come with us to the next church service. 

 He ended up accepting the Lord into his heart that next Sunday morning; and then he received a visit from his family later that day. I also received a visit, as my wife and grandfather came to see how I was doing. Before they were seated across from me, the young man was greeted by his family in the booth nearby.

 As his family held the phone in their hands, the young man picked up his phone, saying: "Guess what! I accepted Jesus into my heart this morning!" They didn't even say goodby! They just hung up their phone, turned their backs from him, and walked away. 

 Later that day, my friend and I had planned to sabotage a J.W. communion service, once we were free and could do so. We thought it would be fun to sit in the pews, and while the bread and wine was being passed around, we would partake! Oddly enough, in the Kingdom Hall, only those that are of the Chosen are allowed to partake, so everyone just passes the plate around, but no one partakes. 

 As it turned out, I was transferred back to the previous facility, so me and my friend lost touch. We never did get the opportunity to do our little stunt. But, let me tell you, I was surely glad to go to church! I went to church every day that the doors were open. One Saturday, I even attended a Catholic Mass, which was a little awkward, to say the least. 

 Talking about feeling out of sorts; I really didn't know that people prayed to Mary...

"Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful." (Colossians 3:12-15 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment