Thursday, January 5, 2023

"Fear Not!"

 "And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt." (John 12:14-15 KJV)

  ""For I hold your right hand - I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, 'Don't be afraid. I am here to help you. Though you are a lowly worm, O Jacob, don't be afraid, people of Israel, for I will help you. I am the LORD, your Redeemer. I am the Holy One of Israel.'"" (Isaiah 41:13-14 NLT)

 There is something that you should know, over the last day or two, I have heard at least a half dozen messages on how we should not fear anything else but God. This is not really something that is easy to understand, mostly because we have been sheltered and free to live as well as we are able. Oddly enough, you can pretty much adjust to whatever lifestyle you fall into, but if your life is in danger, life has taken on a whole new meaning.

 This thing that Jesus has done, although it is something written about 500 years before, this was bold and brazen, to say the least; so much so, that it shows two very important things about His coming: He comes as a King, and He comes slowly! I don't know what else I can say, except that we simply don't know when He shall appear, because there is really no hurry.

 It has been over 2,000 years, and He is still coming, but we don't know when! Having said that, I believe that we are surely living in the days, and any day now, He is coming like a thief in the night. Having been that, in my B.C. years, I can tell you with certainty, a thief at night does not move swiftly; that is until that very moment of opportunity; and then, it is won and done. 

 Anywho, only fear God! He alone is the One that can take your soul...

""Students are not greater than their teacher, and slaves are not greater than their master. Students are to be like their teacher, and slaves are to be like their master. And since I, the master of the household, have been called the prince of demons, the members of my household will be called by even worse names! "But don't be afraid of those who threaten you. For the time is coming when everything that is covered will be revealed, and all that is secret will be made known to all. What I tell you now in the darkness, shout abroad when daybreak comes. What I whisper in your ear, shout from the housetops for all to hear! "Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell."" (Matthew 10:24-28 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment