Friday, January 6, 2023

"Spirit of Wisdom"

 "These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him. " (John 12:16 KJV)

  "All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding." (Ephesians 1:3-8 NLT)

 For those who understand this, there is really not that much of a mystery in why John is sharing this, and it is easily understood. After Jesus was glorified and ascended into heaven, believers everywhere were given the Holy Spirit, making them able to know and realize things which were previously hidden and obscure. The Light of God dwelling within us, gives us the ability to understand and see things, previously that we could not see or comprehend. 

 This is something I was immediately aware of when I was born again: the Word of God came alive in me; things I previously had read, without full understanding, became clearly understood! I began to be able to share the Scriptures with confidence in what was being said, and if I did not understand something I was sharing, the Holy Spirit would help me to explain it, almost automatically. 

 We can tend to forget this basic principle from time to time, as it is something we should count on, but we sometimes don't want to depend upon it, as if it is always going to happen. Case in point, is when I get a chance to teach or share upon certain Scriptures. I will usually spend at least six to eight hours on a Saturday morning, in order to give a 35-minute message on Sunday morning.

 I want to prepare myself for what I am going to share, as if it is what I am going to share; but at the same time, I pray that whatever I share, it will be what God wants to say, not what I have prepared! If you don't understand what I just said, that is okay, because it doesn't happen all too often, so it is not all too common.

 If you are curious with wanting to know, the easy way to tell what that might look like, is when the person sharing or teaching the message steps away from their notes. This would be the moment that God lets them know that He wants to talk, so they turn away from what they prepared, and let God speak through them. 

 We must be ready in season and out of season, but we must also be willing to let God speak through us. Interesting thing, in case you did not know this: In season and out of season is not about the weather, but is about the "Whether", as in, Whether or not you feel worthy to teach...

"So a time was set, and on that day a large number of people came to Paul's lodging. He explained and testified about the Kingdom of God and tried to persuade them about Jesus from the Scriptures. Using the law of Moses and the books of the prophets, he spoke to them from morning until evening. Some were persuaded by the things he said, but others did not believe. And after they had argued back and forth among themselves, they left with this final word from Paul: "The Holy Spirit was right when he said to your ancestors through Isaiah the prophet, ' Go and say to this people: When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend. For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes - so their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.' So I want you to know that this salvation from God has also been offered to the Gentiles, and they will accept it. (And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, greatly disagreeing with each other)." (Acts 28:23-29 NLT+)

No comments:

Post a Comment