Tuesday, January 10, 2023

"Greeks Seek Jesus"

  "Some Greeks who had come to Jerusalem for the Passover celebration paid a visit to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee. They said, "Sir, we want to meet Jesus." Philip told Andrew about it, and they went together to ask Jesus. 

 Jesus replied, "Now the time has come for the Son of Man to enter into his glory. I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels - a plentiful harvest of new lives. Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity. Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And my Father will honor anyone who serves me."" (John 12:20-26 NLT)

 Having been saved in a place where criminals are kept, I quite often get an eye-brawl lifting reaction when I mention that to certain believers, as if my salvation was somehow the result of wanting to be let out of jail, or something that was done in desperation. Well, I must admit, desperation may have been the cry of my heart, but once I was saved, freedom was no longer as important than it was before! 

 We, brothers in the Lord, while expressing our conversion to those who had a concern for any motives of our conversions, would simply say: "No one needed to tell us we were sinners, we knew full well we needed to be saved. But those who think they are good enough for heaven, those are the ones who are kept locked up in chains!" 

 We had many officers that were dear brothers towards us; and then, we had some, who claimed to be believers, but did not consider us brothers in Christ; most of which would cast opinions, such as, "You will be back, just you wait and see." I do not judge them as non-believers, I just doubt they truly understand the power of God to the salvation of sinners! 

 If you might want my opinion on this, "Greeks Seek Jesus," situation, I believe this sparked a little flame in Jesus' heart. Jesus knew full well what was going to happen, that the Jews were going to reject Him, having their hearts set on another Messiah to come. But it would be the Gentiles that would come to embrace Him, many more than any of the Jews would have thought! 

 Besides that, we know what is holding back the Father from flipping the switch...

"I want you to understand this mystery, dear brothers and sisters, so that you will not feel proud about yourselves. Some of the people of Israel have hard hearts, but this will last only until the full number of Gentiles comes to Christ. And so all Israel will be saved. As the Scriptures say, "The one who rescues will come from Jerusalem, and he will turn Israel away from ungodliness. And this is my covenant with them, that I will take away their sins."" (Romans 11:25-27 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment