Friday, October 14, 2022

"Powerless"

 "Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick." (John 11:3 KJV)

  "When God saw what they had done and how they had put a stop to their evil ways, he changed his mind and did not carry out the destruction he had threatened. This change of plans greatly upset Jonah, and he became very angry. So he complained to the LORD about it: "Didn't I say before I left home that you would do this, LORD? That is why I ran away to Tarshish! I knew that you are a merciful and compassionate God, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. You are eager to turn back from destroying people. Just kill me now LORD! I'd rather be dead than alive if what I predicted will not happen." The LORD replied, "Is it right for you to be angry about this?"" (Jonah 3:10 - 4:4 NLT)

 There are always things that we go through, for whatever reason, that are completely and utterly out of our control. I think if we knew the extent of everything that goes on all around us, we might not want to get out of bed, for fear of being overtaken by the air; as if the air was more powerful than we are! Actually, I think it can be, so we should just leave well enough alone! 

 Take a good look at this verse and imagine if it were you, what would you say, if you know that the Lord could heal your brother, knowing also that He loved your brother? There is nothing wrong with this, prayer is the best thing for everything! We should be quick to pray over everything, but how often do we actually make that our first priority? 

 If you don't know, back in the very beginning of this blog, my message was about God's perfect will verses His permissive will; meaning that God sometimes has an optional plan. It might sound strange, especially if you know that God has everything planned out, way in advance; how then can anything be optional? 

 Listening to, To Every Man an Answer yesterday, I heard a brother call in about sharing with his friends, that happen to be hardcore Calvinist. He kept referring to, 'double predestination,' which is a term that I have never heard of before, but I can only imagine it isn't worth thinking about. Basically, it comes down to the fact that God does not predestine anyone to hell, but He offers salvation to anyone that will receive it; however, He does already know those that will be saved. Those that believe in double predestination believe that those going to hell are already predestined to go there. 

 That might sound rather confusing, as it should! We have no right to even try to figure out that which we have no power over, whatsoever! When the Bible says that God remembers our sins no more, do we try to figure out how it is possible for Him to forget our sins? 

 We are basically powerless to do almost anything, except to make a choice on what to do! However, even then, sometimes our choices don't work out, and God allows us another choice, whether we chose to or not, He doesn't give up! What do you do with that...

 "For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold in Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better." (Philippians 1:20-21 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment