Sunday, October 16, 2022

"For His Glory" - Too

 "When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby." (John 11:4 KJV) 

  "Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:8-10 NLT)

 Just so you know, I have wept bitterly over this, so called trial; but my weeping is between me and the Lord, it not something that I let happen in public; and I try very hard not to breakdown in front of my wife. When that might happen, I can see the concern on her face, as if she is concerned on my behalf; which is something I absolutely do not want to burden her with. Love and joy, is all that I want her to experience from me, that she can know I love her and that I love caring for her.

 I am pretty sure that when Paul says he begged the Lord, that he means that he broke down and wept. I am the kind of person that doesn't really like praying for myself, because I just don't; but when I do, it is usually in desperation and when I feel as though I have been rung out like a wet rag! 

 Don't think that I have any special answer for anything, because it isn't so. Each of us have our own burdens and cross to bear; God gives us the strength we need to get through our own difficulties, what works for me, may not work for you, depending upon your cares, your experiences, and your walk with the Lord. We all have our own individual journey, but we are also one, in the same Body!

 One other thing, and then I will move on to the delay in Jesus' going. Everything in Scripture was written that the Son of God might be glorified thereby! Every good thing, every bad thing, every victory, and every disappointment! It is always about Jesus, from cover to cover, it is the Word of God, from beginning to end...

"In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it." (John 1:1-5 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment