Saturday, October 22, 2022

"The Light of Day" - To

 "Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world." (John 11:9 KJV)

  "Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct." (Galatians 6:4-5 NLT) 

 Maybe we might have missed something along the way, having not ask for proper directions? Does that seem familiar to you? Well, it makes this response from Jesus a little more personal and to the point; as we see from verse four, Jesus clearly said, that Lazarus' sickness was for the glory of God, and that He might be glorified.

 There are two ways to perceive the light of day: one is to consider the daylight, as if there are twelve hours of daylight by which we get things done; the other, is to know God is opening a door to something, that requires action, by which you are meant to go forward, in that light of calling, in order to see the light of day. Which basically means, you won't really know what God has planned for you, until you actually step out in faith, making it happen! 

 Jesus clearly knew what was meant to happen; the disciples didn't have a clue! But isn't that the way it is? There are times when I have an idea how things will happen, but I don't know how God is going to make it happen, only that He lets me know what He is going to do. I will share again what I mean, as I think I have shared this before. 

 When my wife was in the hospital, I was told that I needed to put her in a Care Facility; but none of them seemed to be good enough for her, and I decided to take her home. They told me that was not possible, saying that she required 24 hours of care, every day. But I did not give up, and they finally gave in, breaking out the, In Home Care Book. And then we set the ball in motion. 

 My first task was to get us moved closer to the hospital and get my office mover closer too. The office was easy, it fell right into my lap, the house, not so much, because no one would rent to me, because my finances were a mess. After almost three months of hanging out with my wife at the hospital, my business was pretty much a wreck.

 After many disappointments, I finally broke down and begged God to help me find a place. I went into the office and tossed my keys on the desk, telling everyone in the office: 'Okay, this is how it's going to happen: The house God has for us, is not going to require that I fill out a Credit Report, but that I just want to rent it.' 

 Sure enough, within the next couple of days, I found the house. As I was driving through a certain neighborhood, I saw the sign, For Rent. I walked around the house looking into the windows, and it appeared to be adequate for our needs. So, then I drove to the Property Management office to get a key and look inside. 

 As I stood at the desk, giving the girl my $5.00 deposit for the key and filling out the form, the owner of that office stepped into the room, saying, "Rich, do you want to rent that house?" And I said, "Yes, but I just want to look inside and see if everything will fit." She said, "Okay, but you need to hurry, because I have another couple that want it. Bring in your money, and it's yours." 

 That might not be completely what this verse represents, but it falls into the same category. There is really only one way to see God work out things in our lives, and that one way is to act!  You must take a step of faith, no matter what it is that God is telling you or showing you, you will only realize how it all will happen by making a move! 

 I have watched several friends miss so many opportunities, using that phrase, "I am waiting on God," when in reality, God is waiting on you, and it starts with prayer...

"Let all who fear the LORD repeat: "His faithful love endures forever." In my distress I prayed to the LORD, and the LORD answered me and set me free. The LORD is for me, so I will have no fear. What can people do to me? Yes, the LORD is for me, he will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in people." (Psalm 118:4-8 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment