Wednesday, October 19, 2022

"God's Timing"

"Then after that saith he to his disciples, Let us go into Judea again." (John 11:7 KJV)

"He renews my strength. He guides me along the right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me." (Psalm 23:3-4 NLT)

 Before I accepted Christ into my heart, I really didn't have a clue about how God's timing worked, or even whether He was involved in the movement of the things around my life. Wow, what a difference it is to know how much God's hand is upon me, guiding me, nudging me, leading me; He never gives up on me, even though I fail sometimes to allow Him to take control of my life. 

 For those that may not know, God doesn't let His children get too far away from Him. He might allow them to experience ruin or devastation, but He will never abandon them; and you are never too far from being restored, in some form or fashion! It might not be what you were, but it will always be what you want, if you are interested in pleasing Him! 

 Sometimes we need some sort of crisis in our lives to remind us how important it is to have God on our side. If you don't remember, the last time the disciples were with Jesus in Judea, things didn't seem all that safe for them, and they were really not that excited to go back. Matthew Henry points out the fact that Jesus says, "Let us go," because God will never send His children into harm's way without going with them! 

 Oddly enough, timing is everything! Don't ask me how that works, because I don't have a clue; I just know from the Scriptures, God has everything timed to the exact moment! Right when it is meant to happen, it happens; even if it was set in motion thousands of years before, when it is time, it happens! 

 Crazy, yes; but God has a way of turning everything we mess up, all our mistakes, our failures, and even our sins, from something that shouldn't have happen, into something that needed to happen; to make something else happen, in His perfect time...    

""Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew, myrtles will spring up. These events will bring great honor to the LORD'S name; they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love."" (Isaiah 55:12-13 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment