Tuesday, October 25, 2022

"Not Sure About What?"

 "Then said his disciples, Lord, is he sleep, he shall do well." (John 11:12 KJV)

  "Hear my prayer, O LORD! Listen to my cries for help! Don't ignore my tears. For I am your guest - a traveler passing through, as my ancestors were before me. Leave me alone so I can smile again before I am gone and exist no more." (Psalm 39:12-13 NLT)

 Quick question: Who are these disciples that John keeps referring to? Are they all speaking as one, or do they all speak through a leader? It is clear that they don't understand what Jesus said, but John makes it a point to express that Jesus made it a point to show what we should do, and then He added, why we should do it! 

 Isn't that the point of what faith is all about? God tells us what we must do, and instead of just doing the why, we focus upon the how! The how is up to God, as it is God's obligation to get things done; we are called to just go, paying attention to the why: Because God said so! 

 Don't you get it by now? (Note to self!) God puts something upon our hearts to do, and the first thing we do, is to try and figure out how it gets done. Are we the least bit surprised by the result? We end up with nothing that seems to make sense, impossible obstacles, and worries about where we end up. 

 In case you might be wondering about David's prayer, or complaint, whichever way you look at it; this is David's way of saying, 'Lord, please love me less!' As our loving Father, God will always watch over us, protect us, provide for our needs; and when we need to be moved or guided in a certain direction, then He will sometimes have to use force! 

 Sometimes we don't know what to think: Is God punishing me, or is He leading me? Is this a test, or is this judgement? The greatest thing about everything is Peace! Don't know how else to say that, but it is the sum of all our fears! Just take the worst thing that can happen, add to that, the best outcome you have through Christ, and you have the sum of that, which is Peace! 

 No matter what, Blessed Assurance is mine...

""Listen, you who are deaf! Look and see, you blind! Who is as blind as my own people, my servant? Who is as deaf as my messenger? Who is as blind as my chosen people, the servant of the LORD? You see and recognize what is right but refuse to act on it. You hear with your ears, but you don't really listen."" (Isaiah 42:18-20 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment