Friday, October 7, 2022

"That There Be No Excuse!" - Too

 "But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him." (John 10:38 KJV)

  "I am warning you ahead of time, dear friends. Be on guard so that you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own footing. Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen." (2 Peter 3:17-18 NLT)

 Okay, I know that I am not perfect, so it really doesn't surprise me when I mess up; it always reminds me that there still are flaws in my life, and that my body, this fragile clay jar, is still in need of saving, daily! Basically, that is the most important thing I think we need to understand, that we are being saved still; that the Born Again experience we had when we got saved, was just the beginning of the Salvation, now that we have been Justified by faith, now we are being Sanctified, daily, until we can be Glorified in Heaven!

 I have heard so many different variations on this subject; but it really doesn't matter how much I have been taught by others, my salvation experience and knowledge, is my own responsibility to know. In other words, we are responsible for the faith that we believe, for the message we have received, and for the growth that we have achieved. 

 We will not be okay with saying, 'It was not my fault, I was just deceived!' If we have the Holy Spirit living within us, we have a guide for the truth; we also have access to God's word, so there is no excuse! Don't let anyone tell you that you must be instructed by the church, or that you need to read some other book for a guide through the Scriptures. 

 The Word of God is enough! God's Word has all the answers! Please pay attention to what we have been told; make sure to back up everything with Scripture and pray for God to speak truth into your heart! 

 That said, I believe we are headed for some real exciting times, so we must assure our faith is real and commit to whatever might happen, that God has us firmly in His loving hand...

"By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. And because of his excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires. In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God's promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But those who fail to develop in this way are shortsighted or blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their old sins. So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Do these things, and you will never fall away. Then God will give you a grand entrance into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 1:3-11 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment