Friday, October 21, 2022

"The Light of Day"

"Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world." (John 11:9 KJV)

  "My child, don't lose sight of common sense and discernment. Hang on to them, for they will refresh your soul. They are like jewels on a necklace. They keep you safe on your way, and your feet will not stumble. You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly." (Proverbs 3:21-24 NLT)

 Rather interesting, don't you know? Having been walking with the Lord all of these years, I can say with confidence, if we stay on the path, we will not stumble; but if we lose sight of the path, we will fall! That is just a fact! I can say with confidence, because I have lived in out, over and over, in so many different ways, and in almost every area of my life. 

 That said, it is more about experience than anything else. Everything we get to go through, becomes a lesson that we get to share. Gayle Erwin referred to it as, "digging wells," where you dig a well, that you leave behind, for others to get water from. It's really funny to think about, if it wasn't so serious, but Jacob was known for digging wells; most of which, others claimed as their own.

 If you are familiar with the story, Jacob was named Israel by God, but God still referred to him as Jacob, usually when He was using it as a reference to his lack of common sense or discernment. It was God's way of saying, 'But I still loved Him, anyway!' 

 We can easily lose sight of that fact, as we think upon the foolish things that we have done, as if God doesn't forgive us, mostly because we can't forgive ourselves! How could He still love me? We say, as we think upon the things, we know we hate, knowing that God hates them too! If we only really knew! 

 About God's timing. Did you know, God works everything towards the good? David is a really good example, which God clearly says in Isaiah 55:3-4. David was sandwiched between a whole slew of mishaps, mistakes, deceit, foolishness, and outright wickedness. But each and every one of those, generational failures, became the line to God's glorious salvation! 

 It really doesn't get any better than that... 

"I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD." (Psalm 40:1-3 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment