Monday, August 9, 2021

"Many Samaritans Believe"

"Many Samaritans from the village believed in Jesus because the woman had said, "He told me everything I ever did!" When they came out to see him, they begged him to stay in their village. So he stayed for two days, long enough for many more to hear his message and believe. Then they said to the woman, "Now we believe, not just because of what you told us, but because we have heard him ourselves. Now we know that he is indeed the Savior of the world."" (John 4:39-42 NLT) 

  ""Pay attention, O Jacob, for you are my servant, O Israel. I, the LORD, made you, and I will not forget you. I have swept away your sins like a cloud. I have scattered your offenses like the morning mist. Oh, return to me, for I have paid the price to set you free."" (Isaiah 44:21-22 NLT)

 Yesterday morning, on my way to church, I was reminded of something I tend to forget, now and again. It had to do with God's Covenants; whichever one you would like to hold onto, it really does not matter which, because His Covenants are never broken; even those that He might refer to as old, they still are in force and never go away. He might modify or increase the worth or substance of them; especially the ones that might appear to have been taken away! 

 We cannot get God to change His mind, as some might think He sometimes does. If you start at the very beginning of this journal, I started out with the idea of looking at God's will, and the illustration of that which was shown in the extended life of King Hezekiah. I truly believe that God knows all things, so it is only made more interesting to me, when He appears to change His mind over something. Is there two roads that can be traveled? or do all roads lead to one? 

 I know, sometimes I can get pretty weird and carried away; but please don't think I am trying to make that an issue, because I am pretty sure I cannot prove anything. That said, when God makes a promise, He does not take it back: He cannot take it back, because of that fact that He is Holy and Righteous in everything He does; especially in those things that are linked to His Word! 

 It might not seem too hard to understand, if you could just pretend for a moment, you are there: if you feel as though you have been let down; stop, look up, and lift up the name of Jesus... 

"This is what the LORD says: "Was your mother sent away because I divorced her? Did I sell you as slaves to my creditors? No, you were sold because of your sins. And your mother, too, was taken because of your sins. Why was no one there when I came? Why didn't anyone answer when I called? Is it because I have no power to rescue? No, that is not the reason! For I speak to the sea and make it dry up! I can turn rivers into deserts covered with dying fish. I dress the skies in darkness, covering them with clothes of mourning."" (Isaiah 50:1-3 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment