Wednesday, August 4, 2021

"Soul Food" -2

 "In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of." (John 4:31-32 KJV) 

  "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it." (Revelation 2:17 KJV)

  Just so you know, my plan for yesterday really did not go as expected. I might have forgot something that I have written between the lines of verses 13 and 14 of Revelation 2: "MUST USE THE WORD TO OVERCOME..." It is basic Christianity 101, yet it is also sometimes the thing we forget about, having somehow figured we are well enough equipped to take on any challenge. 

 If you don't quite know what I mean, it is easy enough to figure out on you own. If you ask God for more joy, you might and should expect to get some opposition, like things breaking, time running out, or just plain old stupid mistakes happening with every step you take! What can you say to that? Laugh and say thanks! Yes, it really does work! Jeremiah 15:16 is a special little jewel right in the middle of a very interesting dialog, as Jeremiah complains to God, "Woe is me!" 

 Sometimes we just need a little push or something to put wind within our sails. There is something more to reading God's word than just gaining wisdom! Anywho, I am trying again and again, much as I do almost every day; whether I like it or not, it is not going to get any easier or less combative. Do you know why that might be the case? 

 Just in case you don't, I have written something right before verse 10 of Jeremiah 15, which says, "You can't avoid the fight!" All the way to the very end: Swords drawn and ready...

""You have said terrible things about me," says the LORD. "But you say, 'What do you mean? What have we said against you?' "You have said, 'What's the use of serving God? What have we gained by obeying his commands or trying to show the LORD of Heaven's Armies that we are sorry for our sins? From now on we will call the arrogant blessed. For those who do evil get rich, and those dare God to punish them suffer no harm.'" Then those that feared the LORD spoke with each other, and the LORD listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and always thought about the honor of his name. "They will be my people," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. "On the day when I act in judgment, they will be my own special treasure. I will spare them as a father spares an obedient child. Then you will again see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not."" (Malachi 3:13-18 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment