Monday, August 2, 2021

"The Messenger"

 "The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men, Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ? Then they went out of the city, and came unto him." (John 4:28-30 KJV) 

  "Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession." (Hebrews 4:13-14 KJV) 

 Not to get overly wrapped up in the details of the waterpot, but there are more important things on this woman's mind than that of doing what she came up that mountain to do. Now, she has a mission! Maybe she was in shock; maybe she was just overwhelmed: but one thing is certain, she needed to let people know what she knew, and nothing else mattered. 

 I know the feeling, because I felt it then; and thank goodness, I still feel it now! You get something new and exciting, even though it might be something old, and you have got to tell someone what you know. I remember when I heard Pastor Jon share something about the furnishing of the Tabernacle, how that everything had to have a measurement, except one thing: the water basin used for cleansing. I couldn't tell enough people what this meant and how awesome it was to be pointed out. 

 You can imagine my disappointment when I had some opposition to my explanation of what the water basin represents; so I started keeping this discovery to myself. It is a lot like my fixation on who John Mark was; the response I get is almost as if I am a heretic for making such a claim. So be it, I will just keep it to myself! 

 That said, this is a perfect example of what needs to happen when we have discovered Jesus Christ; in whatever situation, whether we have known Him for years, or have just be converted: if we find out a way that freshly excites us that we know Him, we need to express it and get it out! The Black Hole, the Cell-Adhesion Molecule, the Water Pot that's size cannot be determined; anything and everything that points to Christ and His wonderful power that is displayed throughout all of creation; when we learn of it, we must let it out! 

  Dare I say, but this too important a message to not bring up: If we do not exercise sharing what we have been given, then we will not be given anything that matters...

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end." (Hebrews 3:12-14 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment