Monday, August 23, 2021

"A Likely Story" -Too

 "The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me." (John 5:7 KJV) 

  "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13-14 KJV)

  Maybe it appears a little too easy, but pride is most likely our biggest issue when it comes to forgiveness. We can try to explain it in all sorts of different ways, but until we realize that one little issue stands in the way, we will not be able to overcome the monster of unforgiveness.

 Yesterday Pastor Bryan gave a really good history story of the, "skin of the kids", something I never had seen before, most likely because I really wasn't looking for it. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just go back and ask people for forgiveness the moment we felt as though we needed to; instead of just keep throwing the matter under the rug and hoping it will just turn to dust. Sooner or later the rug gets lifted! 

 Anywho; I am pretty sure that this will resurface again, as it is not something we can try to ignore; but in the process, there is something that is being overlooked in the answer: Do you want to be whole? Maybe I like this terrible feeling; it is all I know, what else is there? Please, don't say you don't know what I am talking about, because I am pretty sure this is a real thing for most, if not all of us, in one way or another.

 David was called, "a man after God's own heart," yet he failed to ask his son Absalom for his forgiveness. Was it so hard to admit that he was wrong? I am pretty sure that it is important enough to be dealt with; it pretty much has a life of its own...

""So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the alter in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the alter. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God."" (Matthew 5:23-24 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment