Thursday, August 12, 2021

"Message Received" -Too

"And many believed because of his own word; and said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world." (John 4:41-42 KJV)

  ""The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will prosper everywhere I send it. You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands! Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up. These events will bring great honor to the LORD'S name; they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love."" (Isaiah 55:10-13 NLT)

 Okay, so we can basically understand what it means for the seeds that fell by the wayside; wayside is outside the target area, which is the heart! Which basically means that wayside represents the mind, or the seat of emotions, which means the feelings, such as sadness and happiness; conditionally, moods and the things that are affected by this world and our cares of this life. (I could probably go on for ever, but I think you get the point.)

 When the Word enters into your heart, it because real and alive; something that emotions and feelings that are governed by this world cannot alter, unless we allow it to happen! On top of that, we are given a Helper: the Holy Spirit comes into the heart of us, the moment we believe; so the worldly passions are contradicted by the Spirit's prompting in our life. We see things totally differently, then we once did, being now shown the truth, we can now use that which we have been shown to overrule that which is a lie.

 Does it guarantee we will not be deceived? No, it does not, I am sad to say. This is the other parts of the parable, those things that will cause us to make a unreasonable choice to ignore the truth! Be it the cares of this word, or persecutions, or peer pressure; the little things that mean nothing compared to the eternal life that we have in Christ! Stony hearts don't let seeds grow; the cares of this world will stop what does grow from maturing, leaving them to be choked out by the things that hardly matter. 

 The good seed, I believe is explained in the way that Christ is expressed by the believer: "The Savior of the world!" Not that it tells the whole story, but it includes the world into the story, which then makes the joy of the expression bigger than one's self! This is not a solo salvation that is being offered: you do not get saved to be saved just for yourself. Even the thief on the cross was saved to save others, and still does!

 Anywho, I am pretty sure that there will be more of this to come. In the meantime there is always time to pray for those that you need to show that you love; and then, to love them like you mean it...

"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, and didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would gain nothing." (1 Corinthians 13:1-3 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment