Tuesday, August 3, 2021

"Soul Food"

"In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of." (John 4:31-32 KJV) 

  ""When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart's delight."" (Jeremiah 15:16 NLT)

 Not to get overly excited, but I am somewhat feeling blessed to be living in this moment; there are so many things happening around us, and there are many people searching for answers. Do you see the work that is needing to be done? I am not talking about standing in the mall with a sign that says, 'The end is near,' or trying to pressure your friends and family to get onboard the bus; a joyful heart is what we need, to rejoice and be glad that our Lord is coming soon! 

 But seriously, I thought about some of my expressions of anguish and torment, wondering why it is that I choose to be upset over what I see happening, when I should be rejoicing! I really had to ask the Lord to forgive me for my bad testimony; while at the same time, that those I might have not effected rightly, will not get the wrong message from my bitterness. 

 This goes rather close of that closing Scripture from yesterday, as we sometimes let the giant issues of this world overshadow the great power of our God! Do not forget who is Boss! "The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent." (2 Peter 3:9 NLT)

 Today I choose to rejoice! Simply put, it is a matter of choice: Will I be glad to be saved and have joy for the hope within me, or will I be depressed for the world, and have sadness for the freedoms that we see are being taken away? I tend to forget sometimes that I am free; no matter what, I have been set free and nobody here on this earth can take away that freedom that I have in Christ: absolutely no one! 

 So, I choose to look at this from a totally different perspective. People that are lost and scared need to see the hope that we have in Christ; it needs to be evident by the joy we possess, within the trials and adversities. That is how we reach them, not by complaining or voicing our oppositions to what's the matter; but making the matter about something greater and far more eternal, than this, that will soon be gone...

"Once we, too were foolish and disobedient. We were misled and became slaves to many lusts and pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy, and we hated each other. But - "When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life."" (Titus 3:3-7 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment