Thursday, August 26, 2021

"Oh, Okay!"

 "And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath." (John 5:9 KJV)

  "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV)

 Okay, so we have heard this story many times before; it surely demonstrates the power that Jesus has to yield things, or people, or spirits, to His commands, so we really don't need an explanation to help in that regard. But, this certain man, does not even know who He is! What say you about that? Curious to know, if it even makes a difference at this point or not; or does it make the story so much more encouraging? 

 I have probably heard this message taught at least twenty or thirty times; between this message and the one regarding David and Goliath, I really don't know if there is one I have heard more about, in the last, almost, 40 years of walking with the Lord. Maybe, 'Nic at Night,' come in a close third; but this illustration about what it is like discover Jesus, after you experience His power to save, it still takes my breath away! 

 Just so you know, I have had some serious talks with a few opposing people over the years; but when it comes right down to it, the horse always goes before the cart! I need to watch what I say, because I really don't want to get ahead of myself; as if that doesn't ever happen. That said, I have heard speculation that this certain man's condition was due to sexual sin, some sort of STD, that cause him to be impotent. 

 Anywho; this is no doubt a really good example of Jesus being able to heal, with or without permission to do so; even without the person knowing who He is! Which brings me to the thought about salvation, as to whether or not you can be saved with out the knowledge of your Savior? Some say, before you can know who Jesus really is, you must be born again. Based upon the verse, John 3:3, where Jesus tell Nicodemus, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." 

 That is pretty much well and good, if that is you wanting to explain how salvation works; but the very first thing that you need to be born again, is a reason to be born again! You need to know that you need salvation! You see that need, and you are ready to say YES! We can workout all that other stuff later; but I see my condition, and I need it now; not after I learn how it works...

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." (Romans 1:16-17 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment